Device and Document Scanning Managementin Solutions
Document Scanning and Management
Even in this digital age, many businesses continue to struggle with ways to manage all of the paper documents that are created or arrive by mail or fax on a daily basis. Many offices employ complicated, multi-step processes to get these documents captured so they can be archived in document repositories like SharePoint or Windows folders.
Scanning Documents: Transform paper documents into digital files
Bring your documents into the digital era with a Xerox multifunction printer (MFP). Scanning powers the transition of paper to electronic documents, creating opportunities to increase efficiency in each phase of your document workflow.
With an MFP, you have the power to transform paper to digital and easily archive, store, share, retrieve, email, fax or print documents. Check out our detailed list of considerations for selecting a small business multifunction printer.
- Create text-editable/-searchable electronic files of your hard copy documents
- Easily convert paper documents to compact, universally viewable PDF files
- Enable electronic archive, management and distribution of critical documents
- Eliminate paper clutter and storage costs
- Better organize and archive your documents
- Enable fast, easy document retrieval
- Protect against hard copy damage, fading and loss
- Access documents anywhere, anytime
- Speed document search and retrieval
- Enable audit trails, security and controls
- Eliminate document handling, shipping and faxing costs
- Network folders, websites and content management systems
- Remote printers, email and fax recipients
- CD’s, USB memory devices and other media
Not sure what scanning solution your business needs?
Consider the following points when evaluating scanning equipment for your business:
- The device’s ability to meet the different needs within your workgroup through a range of scanning speeds, document handling capacity and scalable features
- Concurrency of scan/fax/print/copy functions so that more than one function is available at a time
- Variety of file compressions; small sizes to reduce network traffic and large sizes for fine detail
- Security features to control access and comply with information security policies, such as user authentication, secure address books, file encryption and file deletion
- Scanning software solutions available that can simplify workflow and integrate scanned documents easily with other applications and document management systems
- Scan to destination options such as scan to email, PC, network, USB memory devices